What to do in an emergency
An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen, and which could cause serious damage to the property. For example:
If you smell gas or detect a gas leak call the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999
- Loss of electrical power or light
- Blockage of your only toilet
- Loss of heating or hot water
- Broken windows or doors following a break-in
During opening hours please report any emergency to our office on 01429 363 636. Please do not email or text as these may not be responded to quickly.
Out of hours emergency?
If you have an emergency when our office is closed, please take the following steps:
1. Ensure that you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue cannot be resolved during our office opening hours. Please remember that if a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs.
2. If you have assessed the issue and it is a true emergency please contact one of our approved contractors below. Please let them know your name and address and that you are a We Love Renters tenant in Hartlepool. They will first try and talk you through some diagnostic checks. If they cannot resolve the issue over the phone they will arrange with you to come out to the property.
Gas, Heating, Plumbing, Water
Contractor: Star Plumbing
Contact Number: 07597 395 774
Contractor: RBY Electrical Service
Contact Number: 07791 102 236
Locksmith, Property Security
Contractor: Steron Locksmiths
Contact Number: 01429 234 344
Please note – with any locksmith call out the tenant will be liable to pay the cost at the time of the visit. The landlord will reimburse the tenant if it is found to be their responsibility. Being locked out is not classed as an emergency and the tenant will be responsible for any call outs made or lock changes required.